WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I ASK STUPID QUESTIONS part1



Alright I brought up the cliche about the desert isle dozen. If I only could listen to the same twelve CDs for rest of my life what would they be? I am going to give this serious thought. What would you pack and why? Without thinking I would reach for a CAPLETON. Definetly some BIG YOUTH. Absolutely need BLACK UHURU. Which DUB records? AUGUSTUS PABLO and LEE "SCRATCH" PERRY are a must for me. I can not forget about KING TUBBY. I would need to hear a ladys voice, but which singer? LADY SAW or something sweet like ALAINE? Or both? SIZZLA has million releases so which one or two of his do I narrow it down to? I would haffa toss a coin to decide between BUJU's Til Shiloh and Inna Heights. Both were important to me. CULTURE and BURNING SPEAR are essential for Sunday mornings. Man, that is already the limit. REGGAE/DUB/DANCEHALL is created by hundreds of incredible talents who over these many years have in turn released thousands of necessary records. So back to my original stupid question-which CDs and Why? Drop it in my comment box. It is not an easy choice is it.....



NICO deep in thought while listening to JOHNNY CLARKE'S roots rockers classic King in the Arena. Ya can see why the ladies like me, a strong chin and discerning taste in music!

No comments:

Post a Comment