WRITE ME

WRITE ME nicosreggaeblog@gmail.com


Thursday, June 9, 2011

IN JAH'S EYES




All right…after being married for many years in JAH’S eyes, my wife Krispy and myself are planning to make our nuptials legal with the State. I am holding the celebration on my late father’s birthday to honor his memory. My dad originally wanted to throw the party. He hand built this mighty deck surrounded by flowers and gardens. Sadly, it didn’t get used that much due to bad health and bad times and everything died. I have been busy bringing everything back to life.

I could easily cop out and just play BERES HAMMOND in heavy rotation! My player has one of those five disc carousels. Load ‘em up, press play and then walk away for hours. But I wanna play DJ. 



My wife picked a few necessary tunes and is leaving the rest up to me. My wife picked out ANGEL by SHAGGY as her walk down the aisle tune. 



No…seriously!

 I Googled Reggae wedding songs and came across sites that had suggestions that made me piss my pants! I thought I know a lot about all tings Reggae but I didn’t know Australia’s 80’s new wavers, MEN AT WORK, and their signature tune, DOWN UNDER, made it to the top ten Reggae wedding tunes of all time!

You have different stages to a wedding celebration. Getting seated, exchanging of vows, getting seated again, dinner is served and finally dance the nite away.

I did pick up a few absolute killer mix-tapes that would definitely keep the party pulsating with life. Only down side, VYBZ uses a few foul-mouthed words. I don’t want the embarrassing moment of explaining what “Wrecking the PUM PUM” means to my seventy-three year old Momma!

With Vybz...there is always a lot of explaining!


So I am reaching out to people that read my rants for suggestions. Any ideas? Write me…

No comments:

Post a Comment